The Snowvision Foundation is a registered charitable trust (no. 1613037) established in 2005 to help build a new future for New Zealanders involved in winter alpine activities, particularly supporting and resourcing snow sport development and training programmes.
In our first decade we built a capital fund for the long term and provided considerable resources, support and expertise to snow sports.
The Snowvision Foundation is independent, proven and credible.
What we do
Established and is building a capital fund, the income of which enables the ongoing support of winter alpine and snow related activities.
Encourages participation and skills development in snow sports.
Fosters New Zealand youth involved in winter and snow activities.
Provides long-term support of snow sports skills, technique, training and education development.
Resources facilities, equipment and expertise in snow sports, including latest programmes in safety, research, mental wellbeing, physical fitness and nutrition.
Supports other New Zealand snow sports clubs, societies (including Snow Sports NZ), training providers and national ski areas.
The Snowvision Foundation is about creating and sustaining a long-term future to help resource New Zealand snow sports. We want to create a legacy to benefit future generations while supporting today’s participants.
The Snowvision Foundation has built a capital fund from donations, legacies, sponsorship and fundraising activities. The fund is invested with the aim of providing regular returns used for the purposes of the trust on an ongoing basis.
OUR People and OUr HISTORY
- Lady Tait
- Dame Rosemary Horton, QSO, QSM
- Sir Edmund Hillary (1919 - 2008)
- Richard Mehrtens (Chairman Snowvision and Co Founder of Snowvision, Managing Director of Globaleagle Limited, ex Partner of Russell McVeagh)
- Fiona Stevens (Co Founder and CEO of Snowvision, Former NZ Olympic Skier and Former Top 30 in the World for Slalom, 10th in 1978 World Championships Slalom, First New Zealander to win FIS race, Over 30 years experience in business, specifically marketing and advertising)
- Tony Nowell CNZM (Founding Director of Valadenz, Chairman of Omega Lamb Primary Growth Partnership, Scion and The NZPGA, Co-Chair of APEC Policy Partnership for Food Safety)
- Henry Van Asch (Co Founder of AJ Hackett Bungy)